Saturdays, January 11, 18, 25 & February 1 / 8:15-9:15am
Hatha yoga is any yoga that involves physical movement or postures. In this 4-week series, you will be introduced to basic asanas (poses), pranayama (breathing), and body alignment practices. While all of the poses in this beginner series may be new to you, know that they are beginner friendly and can be easily modified to allow you to explore your yoga journey.
This beginner series is good for anyone interested in learning postures that can improve flexibility & range of motion, while also learning breathing exercises to encourage full oxygen exchange, which can help with relaxation, slowing the heartbeat and lowering or stabilizing blood pressure.
After this series, you will:
- Understand many of the postures you will meet in a regular yoga class
- Learn how to do and move in basic yoga postures
- Feel more confident in how to do these postures
- Feel greater flexibility and mobility
- Feel calm and relaxed from these gentle practices
Saturday, February 22 / 2-4pm
Getting good sleep is essential for clarity, concentration, preventing depression, lowering inflammation, and a strong immune system. Join Lynn for an afternoon dedicated to sleep!
During this workshop, you will learn about our natural sleep cycles and discuss strategies to rein in the spinning thoughts that keep you tossing and turning.
Lynn will guide you through postures and breathing practices to help loosen the body, calm the nervous system, and focus the mind, as well as systematic relaxation practices. All of these techniques will be especially helpful when done before bed.
After this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to improve your sleep
- Be inspired to create a new bedtime routine
- Feel rested, clear, and ready to make a change
- Feel excited to apply these practices
- Know how to soften your thoughts
- Feel in tune with what you need before bed