Saturday, October 26 / 2 - 4pm
Yoga isn't just about muscle and soft tissue, but your bones as well!
We'll talk about bone health, why yoga helps, but also additional practices to keep you healthy and strong. A simple practice will follow, emphasizing stability and balance.
Attending this workshop you will:
Learn about osteoporosis and what can help your DEXA scan
Discover simple poses to help your bone strength
Feel stronger and more stable to prevent falls
Learn how to prevent and even reverse low bone density
Receive a handout from our discussion and practice postures
This workshop is for anyone with osteopenia or osteoporosis, or anyone wanting to prevent either!
Register early, space is limited to 8 participants!
Friday, November 22 / 6:30 - 8pm
In this workshop, we will explore Restorative Yoga poses using props to support the body in postures of comfort and relaxation to eliminate stress and trapped energy in the body.
Restorative Yoga poses allow the body to completely relax and gently stretch, creating an environment for the body to release, re-balance, and restore.
Sue will incorporate pranayama, guided meditation, aromatherapy, and gentle touch to help you move into deeper relaxation.
Benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Promotes inner peace and tranquility
- Releases mental and emotional stress
- Improves sleep
- Soothes the nervous system and regulates blood pressure
- Alleviates muscular tension and allows for decompression of the joints
- Stimulates your body’s natural healing response
This practice will be a total rest for your body and mind and you'll be back in the holiday spirit before you know it!
Friday, November 29 / 9:30 - 11:30am
Too much food & too much family causing too much stress?
The perfect formula? Stability 1st. Intensity 2nd. Deep relaxation 3rd. With pranayama & meditation sprinkled in!
The holidays can leave us on empty and this burn out leaves little to be desired. In order to find even ground again, Melissa will lead you through a methodical sequence of practices to purify, stabilize, clarify, invigorate and ultimately, illuminate.
Attending this class, you will feel:
- Purified with morning cleansing techniques
- Stability of mind
- Unwound & light in your body
- Greater capacity for maintaining calm
- Recharged from your busy days
- Ready for the next holiday party
- More patient with yourself and family
- Fulfilled from a complete practice