The Winter Solstice is Tuesday, December 22nd. It is a time for deep reflection, but also a celebration of light!
The Winter Solstice is the longest night of the year and it is within this darkness that we turn inward and reflect on how the previous year has been for us. We know that the light will return and it is with this knowledge that we plant a seed for new growth in our lives and what we would like to change from years past.
Here are some tips to bring the celebration to your home:
- place objects from nature on a table where your family gathers
- light a candle or as many as you would like on the Solstice
- refrain from using a lot of electricity on the 22nd
- visit a special place outside
- meditate on your life this last year
- journal on what new things you will bring to your life
- feed the birds
- cook a meal and share it with others
All of this brings more meaning into your life and is a way of honoring nature.
Enjoy the darkness; For the light will retur